The award winning Firey Women workshops provide women with a safe non-threatening setting to learn new skills to protect their families and livelihoods. The workshops cover both information and practical sessions over two days.
Fiery Women workshops will be held on Thursday 21st March and on Thursday 28th March 2013 at the Kangaroo Inn Area School in the Library, Cnr Furner and Beachport Roads. from 9-00 am to 3-00 am.
Workshop topics include:
- Preparing yourself emotionally
- Understanding the new bushfire danger ratings and warnings
- Deciding when to “leave early” or “stay and defend”
- Preparing a Bushfire Survival Plan
- Identifying hazards around the home
- Operating pumps and fire fighting equipment
- Bushfire Behaviour
- Preventing Injury
To enable as many women as possible to attend, daytime workshops are being offered during the school term so that the mothers, grandmothers, aunties, daughters and friends can attend while the children are in school.
All women are encouraged to attend these valuable workshops.
For further information and bookings please call Vikki Hann on 0428 114 222.