Monday will see dozens of breakfast events, luncheons, citizenship presentations and council award ceremonies across the state, with more than 130 events scheduled in total.
- Ensure you eat before and while drinking alcohol.
- Set a drinking limit for yourself, stick to it and have soft drink or water between alcoholic drinks.
- Say “NO” when you have had enough to drink, don’t let others top up your drink.
- Stay with your friends and look after each other.
- Motorists are reminded that police will be out using both mobile and static Random Breath Testing sites and have the power to stop any vehicle on a road at any time and request the driver to submit to a breath test.
- When swimming do not leave your valuables under your beach towel. Use a water tight container or leave your valuables secured at home.
- Remove all fishing rods, tackle boxes, eskies and GPS devices from your boat or trailer.
- When absent from your campsite or holiday home take all your valuable items with you.
- Remove all valuables from your vehicle. If you can’t then conceal them in the boot before arriving at your destination.