A spate of graffiti in the Millicent and Mt Burr region is being investigated by local police – do you have any information that could assist?
The property damage occurred overnight on June 17/18.
Paint and graffiti have been reported at the Mt Burr football grounds at Mt Burr, along with properties on Aitken St, Inns St, Dodge St, Nitschke St and Bowering St in Millicent.
Police are asking anyone with information relating to these crimes to please contact Millicent police on 8733 3622 or report via Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000. Callers can remain anonymous.
Please share this information – feel free to use the social media ‘share’ buttons at the top of this item to place it on your social media pages.
Remember key crime prevention information on a wide range of topics can be found on the SA Police website.
Among the fact sheets for business security is information highlighting ways to prevent graffiti, which notes that crime prevention through Environmental Design (CPTED) concepts can be used to help make your home or business less attractive to graffiti offenders.
Consider the following crime prevention tips to help prevent graffiti:
- Ensure existing lighting is operating correctly.
- Consider installing sensor lighting which is cost effective as it only activates when movement is detected in the zone.
- Apply graffiti resistant coatings to protect walls, fences and buildings.
- CCTV can enhance the physical security of your business and assist in the identification of people involved in anti-social or criminal behaviour.
- Limit access to areas that are likely targets of graffiti vandals.
- Keep your property looking neat and tidy. An unkempt property may attract graffiti.
- Keeping trees and shrubs trimmed can reduce concealment opportunities and increases visibility to your home or business.
- Keep spray paints and other items that could be stolen secured at all times.
Immediately call police on 131 444 if you are witnessing graffiti.